Carrot Cake Muffins
These are a delicious ‘healthy’ afternoon snack. Yes there is sugar in them but there is also good fats in the olive oil and carrots! You can make this into a full on cake too. I ended up just using a 1/3 of all the ingredients because as I have alluded to before I have no self control and if I had used all the ingredients I would have eaten all of the cakes today instead of the 3 I had for afternoon tea! Oh and they are super easy and quick to make, enjoy them!
- 80g brown sugar
- 185ml olive oil
- 125ml honey (or golden syrup to make it vegan)
- 3 eggs (to replace the eggs finely grind 3 tbsp of flax seeds. place in a bowl and add 9 tbsp of water. Rest for 30 mins. Just before putting in the recipe add 1/2 tsp of baking powder)
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 150g self raising flour
- 75g plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 300g carrots, peeled and grated
- Preheat the oven to 170C. Line a cupcake tray with cupcake cases.
- Put the brown sugar, oil, honey (or syrup), eggs and vanilla into a bowl and mix together.
- Sift the flours, bicarbonate of soda and cinnamon into the wet mixture.
- Use a wooden spoon to gently mix all the ingredients until combined.
- Gently stir in the carrots.
- Divide the mixture between the cupcake cases and then put in the oven and bake for 20 – 25 minutes until cooked.
- Cool on a wire rack and eat!