Hi! I’m Carla a record breaking ultra runner, adventurer and running coach. I started running at school when I was 15 by running around in circles and through muddy fields. From school I went to university in Cardiff where I studied Sports Science and took up triathlon. I went on to win my Age Group at the European Duathlon Championships and competed at three World Championships. In 2013 I entered the Glasgow Half Marathon and just loved the simplicity of running so I hung up my wetsuit, put my bike away and just started to run!
Since then I have gone on to get a Gold Medal at Comrades (the oldest and largest ultra marathon in the world) represent Great Britain at the 100km World Championships and get a World Record for running the length of Great Britain, where I ran 1,327km in 12 days, 30 minutes and 14 seconds!
I love seeing what my body and mind are capable of by racing hard and going on epic adventures!
A FEW ACHIEVEMENTS...
- Comrades Marathon (2023) 3rd
- Two Oceans Ultra (2023) 3rd
- Redhill Marathon (2023) Course Record
- LEJOG World Record (2020) 1327km in 12 days 30 mins and 14 secs
- 1st + Course Record Capital to Country Ultra (2020) 69km
- Gold Medal 9th Comrades Ultra Marathon (2018) 90km
RACE SCHEDULE 2023
- 27 September - Blouberg 21km
- 16 September - Gun Run 21km
- 5 November - 50km World Championships