These chocolate brownies are probably the tastiest I have ever eaten. They are delicious served warm but equally tasty straight out of the fridge, they then taste like chocolate fudge bites!
120 g of unsalted butter
60 g milk chocolate
100 g dark chocolate + 40 g dark chocolate
2 whole eggs
150 g of sugar
40 g of flour
2 pinches of salt
For the pecans:
125 g of pecan
80 g of sugars
60 g of water
1. Preheat oven to 180 ℃
2. Butter and line a dish (the dish I used was 20cm x 20cm.)
3. Make the caramel pecans; In a pan, pour the water and sugar, bring to a boil. After a few minutes, when it starts to go a slight golden colour add the pecans and mix. Make sure to coat them well. Remove and place on parchment paper to cool. When they’re cold, cut into pieces.
4. Bring a pan of water to the boil (you only need about 2inches of water) put a heat resistant bowl into the pan. Add the butter & chocolate to the bowl (without the 40 g of chocolate that’s for the end of the recipe), mix until it has all melted.
5. In a separate bowl, break the eggs, add the sugar and mix. Then add the butter / chocolate mix.
6. Add the flour and salt and mix. Add the caramelized pecans. Mix gently and add the remaining 40 g of dark chocolate (roughly chopped).
7. Pour into your baking dish and bake 25 to 30 minutes.